View Single Post
Old 02 February 2021, 15:15   #112
Old_Bob
BiO-sanitation Battalion

Sorry, dudes. Didn't notice that some of you had posted in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyzoo73 View Post
Today I had some free time, and I tested the latest version. It seems to work perfectly without any problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshft View Post
I played it up to level 9 and 166k points with no control freeze. (Winuae, A1200 profile)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt64 View Post
No freeze ups or glitching at all for me on a real PAL A1200, everything ran nice and smooth.
This is good news. I'm fairly sure that bug has been successfully eliminated.

Quote:
I've played several times, but i can't go beyond level 7, the number of people to serve is too high (at least for me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post
Yeah we are not all gaming experts, not too hard please.
Quote:
Maybe add the possibility to select one of three levels that slightly affect spawn rate?
I've been thinking about this myself and it shouldn't be too much work to include it.

Quote:
Will you add the bonus game again?
Yes, this will be included.

Quote:
It would be nice if it could fill a bit more of the screen, but maybe there is some technical reason for it.
The screen is the same 256x240 pixels as the background assets from the original game. I did experiment with a full 320 pixel width screen in early test programs but eventually decided against it. It helps performance a little with the screen a bit narrower.

Quote:
I tried the arcade game (retropie), and it's really harder. The beers can fall to the bottom of the counter, if customers arrive at the top of the banker without being served, they get angry and throw you away!
Quote:
1) You can't serve too many beers, they don't fall off the end of the counter they just disappear and you don't lose a life
2) When a customer reaches the end they don't throw you down the bar.
The code for those two player death scenarios hasn't been written yet, but will be in the next test version.

Quote:
1) The beer mug sprites are lower when they are sliding compared to when the customer picks them up. I close took a look back at the original running in MAME and while something does happen when the customer grabs the mug (different sprite, actually looks like a slightly different shape), it doesn't seem to move "up" as much. Maybe it does, but something with the resolution or the sprites makes it a less noticable "jump" up into the customer's hands.
This is by design.

Quote:
2) The empty mugs being returned move a little too slowly. They need to slide faster
This may end up being part of the difficulty setting mentioned above.

Quote:
4) On the punk bar (but maybe on others too) it seemed like the customers on the top row stood around for a long time before starting to move, not sure if they do this on the original or not though.
This is the same for all the rounds and is how the original game works.

Quote:
3) The bartender is able to run down the row too fast when retrieving mugs or tips. The original has the running speed just barely fast enough to make it in time. Being able to run quickly to retrieve mugs and tips lowers the difficulty significantly

5) I have no way of measuring, but I think the time between when you press up/down, the bartender moves, and the time he can then pick up mugs is just a little too short (fast) on the Amiga. There is an ever so slight delay in the original that makes the mugs hit the floor if you are just a split second too late. I noticed I was able to jump between rows almost instantly and got the mugs every time. Maybe just slow that down a touch.
This is also by design. One thing that bugs me when I play the game in MAME is how sluggish the control for the player character is. I want my game to be a touch faster overall and generally more responsive to player input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
It's Budweiser so it's kids beer ;-)
Surely Budweiser is the "King of Beers"? At least, it says so on the can...

B

Last edited by Old_Bob; 02 February 2021 at 15:33.

Page generated in 0.06691 seconds with 11 queries