View Single Post
Old 01 February 2021, 14:11   #15
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Although RedPill is much better than Backbone; it also suffers from slowdowns, and the need to use a high-end Amiga for games to run okish...
Indeed, as all game makers apps.
But Zener also made some improvements, and recently even supported OCS.
I haven't tried myself yet, but my guess is that some simpler games can be made to run on real Amiga's smoothly.

For me, it's great that I can easily and fast create something (without worrying of speed), and show it to the programmer, as a "proof of concept"... and it's fun also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
How powerful is red pill? I am going to download it-I saw videos on youtube of it running.
I think it's pretty powerful for the platformers, and these sort of games... I don't believe you can (easily) create some strategy, for example.
It has a lot's of sample game projects, that you can learn from, and that is real valuable.
Unfortunately, not many tutorials on youtube, and help is, I think, still under construction (but I might be wrong)

But as I said to Damian, it's great for artist, so you can, for example, easy create your sprite, make commands (in few minutes), and see how it walks on the scene, and how it looks overall.

Here's my very old test, for example:
[ Show youtube player ]

Page generated in 0.04239 seconds with 11 queries