View Single Post
Old 31 January 2021, 12:47   #565
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortuguesePilot View Post
Even if it doesn't have dual layers (well... it has a background layer and sprite layer, which is basically two layers), it is capable of remarkable feats when it comes to parallax and hardware scrolling. Have you seen Coryoon - Child of Dragon? Look at those backgounds. Look at the parallax. Lot at the colours on both background and main sprites. Look at the animations. Look at the number of objects on-screen. Loot at the speed (fps) with which all is processed... Tell me that AGA can replicate that, exactly as it is shown there? I doubt it.
Ah yes, when I talk about dual layer I always exclude the sprite layer because I find it confuses some people. But yeah, the PC-Engine does have two layers if you count sprites - but by that definition the Amiga/MD have three and the SNES can have as many as five

Quote:

[ Show youtube player ]
No, I hadn't heard of that one yet. Lately been itching to play Blazing Lazers again and the brilliant versions of Salamander & R-Type though... Looks good, I'll check it out!

Quote:

Heck, as I said above, here's Street Fighter 2' on the PC-Engine:

[ Show youtube player ]
Yeah, like I said - the PC-Engine is a very capable system. It's super sad that it wasn't more popular worldwide (didn't even get a real European release).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanScott
There's no real overlayed parallax though, that's just different scroll values split down the screen. AGA is perfectly capable of that
Didn't Wrath of the Demon do that style on the Amiga?

Page generated in 0.07727 seconds with 11 queries