View Single Post
Old 24 January 2021, 21:52   #17
a/b

Quote:
Originally Posted by litwr View Post
1) a minor problem with a timer, you can't normally use it for more than 21 minute interval on the A500, but on the A1200 there is no such limit;
Wrong and wrong. You can configure timer B to count timer A underflows, making them work together as a 32-bit timer (65536*21 minutes). On any Amiga. Furthermore, it's called a high precision timer for a reason. And being able to measure long intervals is not that reason.

Quote:
2) no system functions for working with wildcards - these functions was provided only on ROMs available since 1990;
Ambiguous claim, but I'll say wrong and wrong. Generally speaking, system functions don't work with wildcards. Try open(), fopen(), OpenFile(), ... with "*" on any Unix-like system or windoze and report what happens.
Examine() and ExNext() are available on any Amiga.

Quote:
6) Basic has only 25 KB free, even the Commodore 128 has 120K, Commodore +4 has 60K, and Commodore 64 has 38K for Basic;
It's written by satansoft, expecting anything more than a dumpsterfire is not realistic.

The rest is mostly nonsense, but since Amiga shell is not my area, and what little I knew is mostly gone, so I won't comment.

Page generated in 0.04425 seconds with 11 queries