Thread: Tf1260
View Single Post
Old 12 January 2021, 17:38   #186
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCopland View Post
@Deadelus
the point of all that was when you start a conversation, like these threads, showing what you're doing it is not done without getting something back. What you get back is support, and what you have created is excitement/enthusiasm/interest in what you are doing.

The idea is that it encourages and supports the person creating the thing by showing that there is interest.
Which is fine until that excitement/enthusiasm/interest turns into nagging/harassment/guilt-tripping. When it gets to that point, any positivity from the so-called support very quickly becomes negativity that drains any interest in the project. And when your only reward for a project is your own enjoyment, suddenly it becomes a "life's too short" situation.

Quote:
So no, there is nothing concrete, no formal agreement, but if you think there isn't trust being broken, or a social agreement that isn't being adhered too then you seem to be willfully misunderstanding peoples frustrations.
No, I get understand the frustrations alright. What I don't get is what the point of bringing them up like this is, or how someone can get so upset as to feel the need to throw insults around and generally whine about it in public. No promises were made, none were broken, no deposits payments were taken, nothing was owed. If you've placed your trust (read that as "if one has placed their trust) in something that was not promised, that's simply faith and hope, nothing more, nothing less. Far more projects never make it to fruition that those that do, for whatever reasons, and understanding that is quite important here I feel.

Quote:
This was my point about my open source projects, I wasn't expecting you to reply to it. It's there because i wanted to frame the conversation so that you can see that the points I'm making are based on being annoyed at Stephens repeated deletion of his open source work, and that when you open source something you get the benefit of that support from a community even if it's only verbal/enthusiasm for what you do.
Right, and I've open-sourced things in the past which have been taken advantage of without so much as a thank you, which has led me to not bother any more. But the whole "Before you say anything" thing seems to be preempting something you had in mind...

Quote:
Also I wasn't creating the drama, I'm trying to explain to you what you seem to be misunderstanding about others frustrations. The way you responded to YouKnowWho, and then to me, has been really condescending.
My apologies if you picked me up wrong, my "you" would have been better served as a "one". But I don't particularly like using one in that sense so I used you... But I was talking about YouKnowWho whipping up the drama, not you.

Quote:
I don't want this thread to continue, but when people come in and ask about something, or are annoyed about it being canned then please don't be so dismissive of their feelings because it does not improve things.
Again, I totally understand the frustration, but it should also be pointed out that this sort of drama and hassling is precisely the type of thing that caused TF to drop the projects in the first place. Perhaps TF's feelings and concerns shouldn't be dismissed and ignored just because someone wants a cheap accelerator and wants to have a tantrum when he can't get one.

Page generated in 0.04793 seconds with 11 queries