View Single Post
Old 07 January 2021, 18:34   #14
Gilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
Didn't JR hold the World Record for Defender?

Sure there is a pic of him in an early C&VG (before he became a Zzap reviewer) of him getting the WR certificate.

Yep, nice for him to take the time and do that letter and also to send me xmas presents (C64 games) too.

Always respected Peter Molyneux too, but that game left a sour taste in the mouth (that compo to win royalties for his next game) and the lad who won got diddled basically

He said he beat the WR (of the time). But I don't think he held it officially. But maybe he did?

He did win a Defender arcade competition and I *think* won the the arcade cabinet. That might be why he was in C & VG

I don't know about that competition with Peter Molyneux. Most people seem to angry at him for over-promising on games. I do remember him saying in recent interviews that Bullfrog made-up the idea that they designed Populous using Lego. He said they built that model afterwards and made-up the story because they hoped to get a licencing deal and/or sponsorship from Lego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmimmfn View Post
I got my name in Amiga format so im happy with that
I loved reading JRs reviews back in the day but when the Amiga became popular he was focusing more on consoles unfortunately.
That's because he was an arcade guy so he "jumped ship" when the PC Engine and 16 bit consoles came out.

Page generated in 0.04274 seconds with 11 queries