View Single Post
Old 12 November 2020, 14:36   #182
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
@DD
I've sent RCK bug reports in email before and he reckons he sometimes misses stuff because of the volume of email he gets. He was very specific in informing me that HOL bug reports are better off made in the private admin. area, where he is more likely to see them and quicker too. Given that he posted there about the migration and asked us to report bugs, it's reasonable to expect that he'd be checking back there more than once a month like he does in the public areas of EAB.

I know RCK is a busy guy, as most of the HOL team are too (me included!), but there were one or two major HOL bugs from two previous server upgrades/migrations that EAB users and admins like myself had been reporting over and over for years. They didn't get any serious action from him until I absolutely hammered him about them the year before last. Funnily enough, they were fixed within hours of the hammering when they had been present for 10 years prior and had caused some major headaches for admins. who were updating/rearranging screenshots for HOL entries.

The last thing I want for HOL end-users (as well as the other admins and myself) is a repeat of that scenario with the new bugs that have reared their ugly head in the latest HOL migration. Incidentally, I didn't enjoy hammering the boss man either....because without him HOL would never have seen the light of day almost 20 years ago, but even RCK himself admitted that HOL was his first son that he hadn't any time to code for in years.
I confirm all of this

-> Bug report should be written on EAB to not be lost
-> Ping should be done to Cody and I by mail or pm

Page generated in 0.04585 seconds with 11 queries