View Single Post
Old 03 November 2020, 23:03   #76
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
Sorry, I do not understand. I am not manifacturing hardware, Jens does. The P-IV does not have a pass-through in the literal sense, but yes, it can show the Amiga RGB output, and this works, we got it tested, so I am not quite sure what you are asking for.

The way how the P-IV works is that it has a video grabber input that takes the Amiga RGB output, digitizes it and plays it on an overlay with the frequency of the graphics card. This is pretty much like an "pass through plus flicker fixer", except that it works entirely different. The CVision output signal has a different frequency, so I am not even clear whether the PIV frame grabber chip can digitize this signal.

I wasn't asking you or anyone else to make (new) hardware or asking about the hardware. I'll rephrase.. Is some kind of software switch (pass through) going to be added to P96 so that native Amiga modes are passed to a board such as Picasso 4 or whatever board that has a scandoubler?

CyberGraphX V3 to V4 has a software Pass Through in ENV: and ToolTypes to indicate to switch to a board that can display that. It's the only reason I use CGX4...if I wanted to access 3D capabilities of my CVisionPPC while being able to switched to a WHDLoad game for a little bit..which would be displayed through Picasso 4 without matter of which board the Workbench is displayed.

I adore the new Intuition of of P96 so I'm hopefully it'll become a it more "complete" package that way.

Quote:
Whatever it is, I don't have a P-IV, so I can certainly not develop something in this direction.

So....might be without a pass through. Which means drag CVisionPPC out of Devs:Monitors to Devs: then reset or Drag into Devs:Monitors then reset to use 3D depending on using native modes for games...such as WHDLoad installed. I tried to ModePro (Modes Promotion) but that didn't help.

Again, if PicassoIV monitor is in Monitors and CVisionPPC is not in Monitors, then WHDLoad and other games and programs seem to be doing very well and PicassoIV digitizes as it should. Maybe I'm the only user noticing this??

I do appreciate the reply.

Page generated in 0.04248 seconds with 11 queries