View Single Post
Old 31 October 2020, 09:45   #64
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
I don't have FakeNativeModes active in either Monitor (CVPPC/PicassoIV)..so they shouldn't be shown in ScreenMode list but they are.
They have to be active, and are always active regardless of the tool types. Thank Phase5 for that (Once again that company...). The problem is that the boot ROM of the CyberVisionPPC installs its own patches into the display info database, and there replaces relevant information for all native modes that are required to build them to be able to promote the boot menu. If the CVisionPPC driver would *not* replace them, attempting to open a screen in the native modes would just crash the system (or do some other harm) as they now conflict with the P96 functions and its setting of the Permedia chip - but you wouldn't get a native mode either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
Workbench Screen Dragging with PIV..requires a moment before dragging but does do it. I noticed that after a few first attempts.

Yes, and the answer for that is - "drummroll!" - in the FAQ. Due to the way how the VGA chips work, the start address of the frontmost screen (the one you are dragging) has to be at offset 0 of the graphics card. If you start pulling, P96 has to re-arrange memory to meet this requirement. However, this only happens once for each screen pair, i.e. once the memory is aligned properly, the next drag operation of the same screen pair will start immediately.

Page generated in 0.04643 seconds with 11 queries