Thread: Scart to Hdmi
View Single Post
Old 19 October 2020, 13:45   #37
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck View Post
Was just about to order one - is it the adapter, that you think is good for emergencies or is it the scart sockets on TVs?
The scart socket behind the TV might be better than the HDMI converters listed here. At least I have occasionally had pretty nice results with many flatscreen TV scarts and the Amiga.

Quote:
In my case the HDMI adapter is pretty much only to be used for multiplayer SWOS, Dynablaster, Super Cars 2 and Lotus games. If it's not really suitable for this I might just go the emulation road instead.
Well, it will display them all. Animation will be 25fps or 30fps.. Playability in SWOS and Dynablaster might suffer, as those are quite twitchy games sometimes. SC2 and Lotuses probably won't hurt as much..

But the Amiga is capable of butter smooth updates on every output frame.. My personal standards are higher than what the cheap converters provide. I purchased one of those boxes available from Amazon and unfortunately it is now collecting dust on my shelf, potentially it will get some use in the future, but not necessarily Amiga use.. Basically it is only useful to me for sources that output an interlaced signal.

Page generated in 0.04388 seconds with 11 queries