View Single Post
Old 11 October 2020, 21:00   #301
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Having a difference of opinion is fine, its how that opinion is put across that is the issue.

We're all adults here, yet some people think that the anonymity afforded them means they can be as rude as they like.

He got up my nose because it was obvious what his schtick was, and nothing was being done about it, to the point that I put him on ignore, deleted a PM he sent me unread, yet he was still writing posts as if I could see them. His motives to me were clear.

I don't want to be over Moderator criticial, but Vascillious made his intentions clear from the outset, inspite of several people encouraging him to be less combative, he still continued, and then had the temerity to complain when those that had given him a friendly warning to cut it out, decided they'd had enough and treated him with the same "respect" he had treated others.

Vascillious wants to rewrite history and thinks that because he owned an Amiga for five minutes in the 80's, that somehow he is uniquely placed to have a honest opinion about it, and then when its quite obvious he doesn't know much beyond perusing Wikipedia, ignores when he has been proved wrong, and tries his best to amplify the combat.

At that point, he should have had his final warning and been binned when he couldn't keep it civil.

Zarchos simply reads what he wants from posts, even when people say "yeah, the Archimedes was great for vector stuff, much better than the Amiga", he'll only focus on posts that suggest that when it comes to stuff like Beast and Jim Power, the Arc with 512K can't do it.

The latter is obviously quite irritated that the Amiga bested the Arc commercially by such a degree that he's still feeling the effects of the spanking some 30+ years later.

We have had people champion other machines on here, we've even got plenty of Atari ST/e/Falcon people on here, but its never degenerated into this shitfest that Vascillious thought it was appropriate to bring.

We are all aware of the Amigas strengths and shortcomings, its just laughable someone like Vascillious thinks he's here to tell us something new or entirely revisionist.

The PC in 1985 was...... man, it couldn't even scroll a 2 colour screen saver message without the screen tearing and stuttering!

Page generated in 0.05518 seconds with 12 queries