View Single Post
Old 07 October 2020, 21:13   #60
eXeler0

Out of the box useful RAM-disk you can install stuff on still isn't a common thing on PC, on Amiga I used it all the time.
Screen dragging with multiple resolution shown at once can't be done on even a €5000 PC 30 years later AFAIK? The usefulness can be discussed but it was neat and it had some actual uses.
Overall system predictability in terms of how long things would take were very consistent. It took me many years to get used that on PC the same thing will 9 out of 10 times take the same amount of time, but then the 10th time it would take much longer and you wouldn't know what the hell the system was doing in the background..

It took a 400MHz P2 with 256MB RAM, and a 3d accelerator PC running NT4 to make me leave the Amiga scene.. It then took some 15 years to make get nostalgic over the elegance of the era compared to the bloatware era we live in now where everything is solved by brute force, because brute force is cheaper than doing something elegant / optimized. But that's another topic ;-)

Page generated in 0.05837 seconds with 10 queries