View Single Post
Old 07 October 2020, 15:03   #51
Vascillious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
The funny thing is that you're ignoring the fact that most of your posts are filled with personal measures and opinions, and yet you claim to be objective at the same time. This dissonance is symptomatic of forum posters with infallibility syndrome.

This is a thread with a simle premise: to list things which Amiga could do better than a contemporary PC. The title does not really imply a debate, but if you want to start one, you'd need to disagree with some concrete facts (like I did in the post which you amusingly then quoted). And your long-winded diatribe does not include a single fact, instead there is usual stuff about "Amiga fans" and some Captain Obvious-level wisdom.
No. It does contain a fact. It's a rational series of statements leading to a conclusion:

"Your argument, as usual, doesn't mean anything because, as usual, you're placing the comparison through a filter anybody can use to make anything they like come out on top".

As I said, per the examples:

Amiga v fitted carpet?

Same process "What advantages does a carpet have over an Amiga?". Result: Carpet wins.

Just to reiterate: As I said in the post you want to discredit, if you place any two things through a filter whereby you take out only the advantages one thing has over the other then you will always emerge with whatever that one thing was as the winner.

Amiga v Manure?

Manure can be used to fertilise food crops, amiga can't.

Manure wins.

See what I mean?

That *is* a fact: Use that process and get anything to win you want.

You can use the same process on yourself: Just cluster together any group of attributes which apply to you and not somebody else. There you go. You won!

As I said, it's an empty victory because anybody else can use the same process to claim a similar hollow victory for anything they want.

It's also characteristic of how the pro-Amiga argument goes.

As I said, you can do it with anything and it will always produce a hollow victory for anything you've pre-selected as the winner: just pre-define your selection criteria around the unique definition of whatever it is you want to win.

A bag of manure v Amiga?

Well, as plant fertiliser, the manure wins.

Conclusion: Manure is better than an Amiga (provided you shrink-fit your selection criteria around the specific unique features of manure).

https://www.springbridge.co.uk/well-...BoCJ9IQAvD_BwE

Page generated in 0.08962 seconds with 10 queries