View Single Post
Old 30 September 2020, 03:19   #37
Bruce Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Barthel
Frustratingly, publishing AmigaOS 68k software became harder after the AmigaOS 3.9 release came to market, and it took a long time for the Roadshow 68k version to be published. This included numerous doomed attempts to build a graphical user interface for managing the slightly more numerous settings which Roadshow supports.
Interesting. I don't even use Gadtools in my GUIs, because I want them to be 1.3 compatible if possible.

For Roadshow I would have been satisfied with an installation script that asked for the basic network settings required (IP address, netmask, gateway etc.). Having to hunt down the configuration files and manually edit them was a pain, and the documentation didn't do a good job of explaining what needed to be done.

Then when I installed the commercial version it overwrote all my configuration files. Definitely not for beginners! Has this behavior changed in the latest version?

Quote:
Roadshow was the TCP/IP stack I wanted to use myself, which is why it's designed like it is
My only reason for using Roadshow is that it is about 5 times faster than AmiTCP at downloading files in IBrowse. That's quite an impressive speedup - can you tell us how you did it?

Page generated in 0.07084 seconds with 11 queries