View Single Post
Old 27 September 2020, 14:19   #26
Olaf Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
Glad to talk to the Roadshow creator!! Once you use Roadshow, you can’t go back to anything else you used in Amiga. Indeed the update process has been improved dramatically and it is a breeze now to make updates!!! There are very few pieces of software nowadays in amiga environment that are professionally done and is worth paying for!!! One of those is your program!! Well done
Well, it wasn't planned that way, it just happened. Frustratingly, publishing AmigaOS 68k software became harder after the AmigaOS 3.9 release came to market, and it took a long time for the Roadshow 68k version to be published. This included numerous doomed attempts to build a graphical user interface for managing the slightly more numerous settings which Roadshow supports. I appreciate that "Roadie" exists, although looking at it, it makes me feel even more burned out about the failed attempts to make a user interface for Roadshow

Roadshow was the TCP/IP stack I wanted to use myself, which is why it's designed like it is (although not all the design decisions have aged well over the past 18 years).

A good part of what makes strange people such as myself keep working on Amiga software like Roadshow is to improve it, teach the old dog new tricks Amiga software development can be fun, even after all those 30+ years

Page generated in 0.04277 seconds with 11 queries