View Single Post
Old 30 July 2020, 05:57   #1
James L Jensen
Noob

Zeus 040 scsi issues with KS 3.1.4

Hello everyone! First post for me.

I have an Amiga 2000 (Rev 4.4) with a PP&S Zeus 040 (28mhz) accelerator. Currently have 16mb of 60ns installed (and have another 48mb on its way). I also have a GVP Spectrum 28/24 graphics board and a CBM 2320 flicker fixer in the video slot. Two floppies, CD drive, and that's it. Zeus is fitted with a SCSI2SD v6 adapter.

Now for the goofy part. This beast was running just fine with 3.1 kick and OS3.1 installed. 21 mips and 5 mflops. Life was good.

Swapped in the 3.1.4 kick and turned the machine one. No love. Just this message:

DH0:
Software Failure #80000004
Suspend, reboot, etc etc.

Left the machine on for about 30 minutes just in case something needed to initialize between the new kick and the HDD. Nothing changed.

With a two button start up, I can disable DH0/1 etc and boot from the Install disk. I can then see all the partitions on the SD card via HDtoolbox. Seems like everything is there. I then put the 3.1 kick back in and everything was back to normal.

Put the 3.1.4 kick back in. Same problem. My SD card has nothing on it; I am starting a fresh build on a new harddrive. So I can play around quite freely at the moment which is nice. So i go to format the partitions with the install disk software and I then get a similar software failure, only this time in the guru style.

Zeus has the v2.98 scsi roms. I can't find any documentation on if there were subsequent rom upgrades, but I have read some interesting stuff on these forums about folks burning warpdrive.scsi drivers to the Zeus roms.

I am not a power user. I kinda know my way around the machine, but I can't dive into the technical side too much. My sense is that, somehow and someway, the 3.1.4 kick cares about something that the 3.1 kick didn't, and now my Zeus scsi does not comply. So my questions are these:

1. Is anybody out there using a Zeus 040 with scsi and 3.1.4 kick; if so, I would like to know more about your setup! I am desperate!

2. If this rambling makes any sense, what thoughts might there be about what is going on here?

Thanks for any help that might be out there!

James

Page generated in 0.04264 seconds with 11 queries