View Single Post
Old 23 July 2020, 20:38   #55
Brick Nash
Prototron

Update - Intro, New moves, new features

Hi folks. Thought I'd do an update on the my Lockdown project game. I'm going under my old chiptune project's name "Prototron" which I resurrected, so going to probably make a channel for that.

[ Show youtube player ]

The project now has an intro with title screen and credits screen, + new moves.

New moves include:
- Grab: Knee/back drop/tomoe nage
- Charge attack (double tap + attack button)
- Special/panic move

New Features include:
- Automation: Blaze now walks on screen by herself
- Three enemies on screen
- Enemies can now fight back
- Better Scrolling
- Screen Shake (from the back drop move)

The special move is activated by pushing DOWN+JUMP as I can't figure out how to do two buttons at once (The classic ATTACK+JUMP).

The HUD screen is mostly for show as I've no idea how to update it in the main loop without it slowing everything down, but the Timer does count down (albeit without clearing the screen).

I have the level map extended to 1024 pixels, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do to get the whole level map to show. Blitting 16x16 tiles either side of the view is beyond me.

It's still running on the Windows for AMOS "Fastest Possible" stock settings as every time I switch to "Cycle Exact" the CPU speed drops to 2%, which I think its a bug as my code isn't that bad, but I think I'll go back to my regular WinUAE setup soon as I've no idea how it'll run on a real machine (quite glitchy I'd imagine).

Time for a break though as after 2 months I'm a bit burned out, but it's "almost" there.

Big thanks to Dan for the Font code.

Cheers! *Cracks open a Peroni"

Last edited by Brick Nash; 23 July 2020 at 21:04.

Page generated in 0.04786 seconds with 11 queries