View Single Post
Old 08 July 2020, 09:07   #43
Brick Nash
Prototron

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Let me punctualize that Deflemask generate music FOR the megadrive using a simulaiton of the YM chip, so you might need to render single insturments in wav, convert it in iff, down sample it and use it on Amiga - i did it on some occasions
Ahh right. I have a plugin for my DAW called VOPM which does the same thing. It's pretty cool, and it does sound like a Megadrive. I made a chiptune EP with it a few years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manossg View Post
Arkos Tracker seems like a great piece of software and I definitely need to check it out someday, since I am also an Amstrad fan.
It's good, but it's also a little clunky. A few mouse controllable sliders would make all the difference instead of bashing in hex values to what looks like sliders. The Protracker Clone's big downer for me is the cut/copy/paste functions, which I just can't seem to get used to. Click, drag, CTRL+C, CTRL+V would have been much better to implement, especially as it's a version which was made fairly recently and could have had more modern functionality.

Then again I'm old and I like to moan.

Page generated in 0.07325 seconds with 11 queries