View Single Post
Old 27 May 2020, 03:37   #332
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqourice View Post
I wish I had any ideas that might help you but I'm afraid I don't. Sad to say my knowledge in the area have diminished severely for the last 18 non-amiga years. (I held out until 2002 with Amiga only.)

But I want my faithful old A4000 up and running properly again. She boots but only without the CV64/3D activated. Worked with it activated up until last summer but did lock up or crash more and more often for the last few years. Don't know if that's due to the PSU being bad or if it's some other hardware issue. Gonna try with the PSU to begin with. Having the motherboard recapped is the next step. I will be sad if the gfx card is broken though.
You might want to get a multimeter so you can at least have one means of measuring something.

But read through the whole thread, many are using specific known ATX PSUs successfully even with the CSPPC.
If the CV64/3D died, I mean that's unfortunate but you have lots of options presently to replace it with another Z3 RTG card, like MNT boards, the new Picasso II+, or even a Mediator. Some guys installed PPC boards on the Mediator for around $120 which are about twice as fast as the fastest CSPPC.

Page generated in 0.04677 seconds with 11 queries