View Single Post
Old 11 May 2020, 13:15   #1
Biscuit
Baked Produce

Hooooo Anyone still playing some Playstation 1?

Decided to have a playstationy weekend. I've recently found myself taking an interest in the original Playstation again. Actually got a PS-One hooked up at the mo. A while ago I had been thinking about de-cluttering this stuff but ended up getting more. Got rid of some games but now have more I want to try.

I know a lot of people don't like the 90s 3D look and it can get pretty clunky but I'm really drawn to exploring it and the PS1 catalogue in general. Sure I missed out on some good stuff. Plus I quite enjoy janky games these days.

Some things that I tried.

Soul Blade, which got my attention with a pretty classic intro
[ Show youtube player ]

Played through Hwang's Aracde mode and got a weird ending movie where he gets possessed. I found you can kinda abuse the block a bit in this. Still haven't got the hang of all the moves but it's fun.

Is Mille Miglia the hardest racing game in history? Set it to easy and watch the robot cars drive perfectly off into the distance. It's one of the most de-motivating games I've played in a long while.

Also gave Ninja: Shadow of Darkness a go. Looks like it was inspired by Last Ninja. Liked it. Gotta get a bit better with the dpad and see how far I can get.

So, is PS1 bringing back the nostalgia and interest for anyone else? Got any hidden gems to recommend?

Page generated in 0.04463 seconds with 11 queries