View Single Post
Old 07 May 2020, 13:45   #119
ealm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
And most of these we already had back then, and still have.
And that's my point! The gap was smaller 12 years ago than what it is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
Do you use these SMS and phone call stuff on your desktop PC? There are drivers to mount cloud storage drives, you can use Google docs and Office 365 with the browser, etc. There are ways for the most, but of course they can be easier and snappier on mainstream platforms with direct support for everything.
Yes, for many years now I've been used to seamless integration between my phone and laptop. All phone calls, SMS:es, address book, photos I shoot, notes I make, browser tabs I keep open and even the copy-pasting I do – it's all synced between the devices. Plus of course the file management and many applications where I can start working on one device and continue on the other.

And now we're just talking the basic stuff and workflow. On top of that of course comes a lot of more niche programs that you can get for Windows/Mac/Android/iOS which you will struggle with finding an alternative for if you go MOS or OS4. Unless you have huge resources an alternative OS can only compete feature-wise if it's based on Linux or BSD (like even macOS, iOS and Android are).

Page generated in 0.04955 seconds with 11 queries