View Single Post
Old 30 April 2020, 11:53   #15
earok

@Cobe Ahh.. you're right, there is indeed a D-Generation save file with the name nvram.

One of the worries I had about WHDLoad is, as I understand it, it generally doesn't save until you quit (which, essentially is never going to happen on a console unless the player knows to do it). Though I don't think I needed to quit for D-Generation to save.. is there a way to force saves immediately rather than caching until the user quits?

@jotd Those are all excellent points please feel free to make recommendations (or instructions) for me in the spreadsheet about which version I should use.

One thing I was thinking, and this is probably not a good idea, is this:

- If we can pick one really good song from each CD soundtrack for each game (whatever we think is best), AND
- If we can hack the game or somehow patch the system to route all CD player requests to a specific track (I did something similar for Ultimate Body Blows in the past to have multiple CD audio games on one disk)
- Then at least in theory we could produce a companion "music disk", so we could at least have some music related to that game playing.

Page generated in 0.04353 seconds with 11 queries