View Single Post
Old 30 April 2020, 09:08   #3
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
looks like RUGCD cd32load project, with a TF card and whdload. Good but exhausting because each game has small issues to fix, and you spend your life tuning the compilation and it's never 100% perfect.

That list of slaves being joypad enhanced is pretty good: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...oCo/edit#gid=0

don't hesitate to use it (and to complete it if something is missing
Great, I'll check it out the first pass is more or less just aimed at actual CD32 releases (though, where joypad issues aren't a problem, I've reverted to AGA or OCS versions in order to get tracker music).

Second pass may be based on your list - Desert Strike, Aladdin, Putty Squad and Lion King were all games I wanted to include sooner or later, and it makes a lot of sense to add games that are CD32 pad friendly.

Yeah, there's a lot of time involved, fortunately there's no disk burning! And no issues around the CD getting full etc since there's 4GB to play with, also since it's aimed solely at TF328+ users, memory isn't an issue. Main pain point is needing to take my TF328 out of the CD32 any time I want to test it! I'm hoping I'll get help with testing and curation if there's much interest.

I've started looking into automatic backups of NVRAM games (eg, could be useful with Simon the Sorcerer, which takes up about 85% of the storage capacity by itself). I figure I could do this by restoring a backup when a game is launched, while at the same time leaving a file to let the launcher know to back up the current save file when the CD32 is rebooted.

Page generated in 0.07043 seconds with 11 queries