Thread: MUI Keyfile
View Single Post
Old 15 April 2020, 21:42   #92
Korodny
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
My understanding of it is that software becomes abandonware when it can no longer be purchased.
Let's use this as a definition then.

Quote:
I would argue that this software falls into that category. Even if by some miracle you do manage to get a keyfile, it'll have someone elses name on it.
So the definition you came up with just one sentence ago isn't the actual definition you're applying here?

"It can be purchased, but not in the way I want it to be" is not the same as "it can not be purchased".

Quote:
Someone can not be reasonably expected to wait months if not years to hear back from Stefan so they can pay full price for software that is registered in another person's name.
It's his IP, so he decides under what condition he's selling you a license. If you don't like the conditions, don't buy it.

I don't get the sudden fixation with a MUI key anyway. It's not needed at all, since the only restriction is not being able to permanently save your settings - you can circumvent that by simply copying your MUI settings from ENV: to ENVARC: once you have everything configured to your liking.

Page generated in 0.04488 seconds with 11 queries