View Single Post
Old 04 April 2020, 00:01   #100
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogginthenog View Post
I really like the 3.1.4 intuition/layers change where you can move the window outside the screen. I think we need some kind of 'maximise' gadget though.
OS 4 works around this by using the zoom gadget with a qualifier (shift). So clicking with shift on the zoom button maximises the window. It works really well and doesn't interfere with existing gadgets, border frames etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th4t1guy View Post
To go back to talk about version numbers, I think it's a bit more clear if the version number is kept as 3.1.x instead of 3.x

The reason would be that it seems 3.5/3.9 are viewed more as forks of 3.1. 3.10 or 3.11 would imply that it's built on top of 3.9. 3.2 also seems to imply that it's older than 3.5. But a 3.1.5 would imply that it's built on top of 3.1
It's built on top of some parts of 3.9, but is meant as a continuation of 3.1. I don't understand how 3.1.5 implies that it's based on 3.1 but 3.2 doesn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
If possible a way of switching from RTG to native mode and vice versa.
I don't understand what this means? If you want native screenmodes, just request one in the screenmode requester. Or am I missing something here?
Quote:
Being able to use different theme like on OS4 but better.
That might be nice but it might be a heavy ask to keep it compatible. Quite a lot of software has issues with VisualPrefs for example.

Page generated in 0.04880 seconds with 11 queries