View Single Post
Old 29 February 2020, 22:46   #19
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

I can name only two games i cant play on Amiberry due to the lack of cycle-accurate emulation;

- Hostages.
- Skidmarks (although I dont *know* this one is because of it, and i havent actually tried it on the latest version)

There may (must) be more, but i'm yet to find them.

For the record, i run an A1200, a CD32, Amiberry (on Pi's 2,3 and 4) and FS-UAE (OSX).

I find Amiberry to be an excellent experience, and it is perfectly possible (particualrly with the Pi4) to have it running with no notificable lag. My goto test as a benchmark is SWOS which i play regualrly on all the machines, and which any present lag would be frustratingly noticable.

The lag i have encountered has been caused by either the TV of choice (sometimes just its input mode) or a specific input controller driver - in both cases i have managed to resolve the issue by using alternatives.

Whilst I accept that it *must* be there, I would like to see the evidence of quantified 'inherent' lag on the PI4 however if it is able to be produced - if nothing else to satisfy my curiosity as to what I would clearly therefore consider be a 'reasonable' tolerance for future reference.

The advantages of using the RPi for Amiga emulation imho are many;

- Low cost
- High level of compatibility for games
- Abilty to emulate other systems
- Ability to use the system as a media player
- Small form factor
- Ease of connectivity to various screens, TVs and Input devices with no added hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmann
What would be the best way to get a multiEmu-setup going on the RPi 4? Is there a distro for that somewhere?
I recently installed the RetroPie weekly build - for Pi4. So far it is holding up excellently.

However, you need to weigh up what you consider your preferences/requirements to be - there are no right or wrong answers as to what you prefer

Page generated in 0.04566 seconds with 10 queries