View Single Post
Old 29 February 2020, 11:38   #9
manossg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Amiga on RPi is quite good, but comparing it to real hardware is a bit of a stretch. RPi has inherent input lag on all platforms, I think minimum is ~3 frames if you use dispmanx. if you also have a laggy TV this can add up to a lot.

Some games (probably not many though) will also suffer from the lack of cycle accuracy.

So if you want a "solid" experience then by all means go for it, but for "pure bliss" I'd recommend MiST or MiSTer FPGA boards (these cost 5-7 times as much as RPi though).
Since it's not the first time that you use such a tone in your replies, I will respectfully answer to you.

I have used A500 and RPi4 side by side and, as far as how it plays, I feel it's 99.99%, if not 100% perfect for almost every game that I have tried. I have only found a problem with Leander not stopping during the level briefing (for which I am not sure RPi/Amiberry is to blame), but apart from that, everything is the same and, if any lag is present, it is not noticeable.

You seem to preach cycle-accurate emulation, etc in your posts, but I feel you are stuck in technical stuff. If I didn't have the Amiberry experience, I would read your posts and think: "Wow, this guy really knows what he's talking about". Well, I have tried Amiberry and I think you don't (know what you're talking about) and I feel you are missing the forest for the trees. The OP wants a great Amiga experience, not the emulation Olympics medal.

Page generated in 0.04110 seconds with 10 queries