View Single Post
Old 23 February 2020, 13:56   #49
torsti76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
I'm adding here my findings for how to get EHCI on USB working (sort of*) using ArakAttack on Prometheus with Firestorm firmware:

1. You need a valid ArakAttack registration keyfile. Guido Mersmann, the author of ArakAttack, gave me a key and said I could freely distribute it, so let me know if you need it. Put it in a system directory like ENVARC: or DEVS:
  2. Download ArakAttack 1.23 from Aminet
  3. The installer in ArakAttack v1.23 has a bug in it. You need to edit the file ArakAttack.install as follows: after the line "(complete 50)" there is a line containing "10 NOGUI". Change that to "Prefs NOGUI" leaving everything else on that line unchanged. (Took me a while to work this one out )
  4. Double click the installer icon. This will install the drivers and register them (between 50% and 60% complete - if this doesn't happen, you have the keyfile in the wrong place).
  5. You need a USB stack such as Poseidon - this ought now to be able to connect to your USB card

I used an NEC USB card with 4 USB ports and this gave me 2 OHCI units and one EHCI unit.

* Now the drawbacks: for a reason I don't understand, although the EHCI opens fine straight after the driver is installed, it won't open after the machine is rebooted (although the OHCI units will)

And: even after all this, it's very slooooow. Like 150KB per sec read/write in SysSpeed. That's faster than the demo (unregistered) version but still not quick enough really to use

Not sure if it's possible to do anything to improve either drawback but if you work something out, let me know!
Hmm, that's odd indeed. I'll try with a 5 port NEC card when I finally got around to building the AA3000+.
These cards are easily converted to "Spider" cards by changing some bits in their EEPROMs and work like a charm with the Mediators. They also have 3 units per device. Unfortunately, I won't get around to it too soon. But as soon as I do I'll report my findings here.

Page generated in 0.04253 seconds with 11 queries