View Single Post
Old 08 February 2020, 18:11   #449
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Is it really a widespread, cyclical thing? I mean, I'm new - I don't know.

On the other hand, why is it so surprising that some people might just not be that much interested in ports, while also appreciating the effort, skill and possible benefits of them? (Speaking strictly about my "contribution" to this thread, which was kind of accidental anyway.)
It's certainly possible I'm merely noticing certain subjects more than others. That said, I've basically never seen people respond in that way* for games on say the C64 or the Mega Drive. For Amiga games, however, it seems to me there's pretty much always one or two people pointing out that ports are a "waste of time".

My post wasn't about opinions (I do understand where people are coming from), it was more about not seeing this type of reaction elsewhere and wondering why. I may simply be seeing things that aren't there, but there does on occasion seem to be a somewhat more "negative vibe" regarding Amiga game development than I've personally seen on other platforms. This type of reaction around ports is one part of that for me. Perhaps the Amiga community is simply a bit more critical?

It's nothing major, but it does puzzle me a bit. I'm pretty stoked with all the new Amiga development

*) As in: "why bother? we have MAME/PCs already"

Page generated in 0.08032 seconds with 11 queries