View Single Post
Old 31 January 2020, 22:35   #23
Exodous

I released quite a few freeware utilities via disk swapping, BBS's and on Aminet. Some featured on magazine coverdisks and/or in magazine reviews. I still have physical copies of the magazines I knew about at the time which reviewed or featured my software and have found several I didn't know about on archive.org.

When I got into the BBS scene and also wrote quite a few Ami-Express BBS doors and a couple of BBS intros released under Xpress and O.T.T.

My only shareware utility (subsequently released as freeware when I sold up in 1996) made several hundred pounds which helped fund Amiga upgrades when I was a "poor" university student.

All programs I released were written in 100% assembler, but I did a lot of prototyping of concepts and algorithms using AMOS or C.

A few years ago, I spent many happy an hour with a PC and the 2-disk method reading my collection of 344 Amiga disks and converting them to ADF files. Recently, along with key backups of my source code I had made as lha archives, I have been able to find or reproduce full source code for every revision of my shareware utility which means I can build every version binary identical to the released versions from source. Having re-sourced the two cracked versions that were released, I can even produce them, though they fell for my tricks and whilst visually they were cracked, behind the scenes they were no more functional than the restricted trial versions.

Page generated in 0.05496 seconds with 11 queries