Thread: Cdxl vs yafa
View Single Post
Old 22 January 2020, 18:04   #9
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
He didn't use cdxl, he used his own method. I was expecting him to pop up already
Really, thats very interesting as I could have swore it was CDXL.

Quote:
Those are 320x200 vids?
320 x 256 actually and 256 colours all be it the converter is dynamic in its use of colour i.e. if it can get away with less it does. I'm going to be doing some more testing later at 640x256 to see how it copes.

Quote:
Amigajay has all valid points.
But yafa proves that with delta compression videos can be 20ish% larger/better on the same bandwidth. Though I kinda have a feeling that in yafa case cpu waits disk dma to be finished...

And I also don't have clear picture how cpu and chipset share chipmem. I read that cpu use even cycles and chipset odd so that cpu could work in parallel. But someone more knowledgeable would be nice to write how exactly this works and am I pursuing something that's not possible or is it possible to have full disk dma stream non stop and cpu decompressing in the same time?

Also I'd be interested to hear from someone which xpk sublibrary has fastest decompresion on 020.
All that's way above my head to be honest. AmigaJay usually was valid points whereas most of mine are more

The biggest let down of CDXL really is the lack of compression so one of the videos i converted is 544mb and only 4.33 minutes long which works out to roughly 2mb/s so well out of the reach of the CD drive. You'd need to half the image size, the fps and the colour count to even get close.

I'll keep an eye on this thread though as it does interest me.

Page generated in 0.04520 seconds with 11 queries