View Single Post
Old 16 January 2020, 20:52   #71
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Not completely related to this entirely but since discussion of CRT was made, most if not all the games I have ever played looked better using original consoles or emulation on a CRT in comparison to any upscaling/HDMI etc. The consoles/computers of this era were made for resolution on CRT in general (although some would support other formats at higher resolution eg Amiga in Workbench).
I agree! The MiSTer has quite a few filters etc. to tweak the scaling to your needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Sure, but RPi's lag is actually not as bad as people paint it sometime. Well, at least connected to a CRT, I guess if you use it with some laggy modern panel it can tip it into unplayable territory.
RPi also has some advantages like save states, easy collection managament etc. Still, it's so cheap it's easy to have both of these solutions.
Yeah, it's not too bad, but still much more lag than a FPGA solution like the MiSTer. Might not be noticeable as lag per se, but games requiring fast reaction from the player will be harder. Save states is a plus yes, hopefully more cores on MiSTer will get save states also, for now only the GBA core has save states.

Page generated in 0.04279 seconds with 11 queries