View Single Post
Old 11 January 2020, 14:15   #27
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Wow, absolutely amazing work there Crashdisk!!!

I've spent the past few hours re-organising the EAB File Server; details are as follows:

Moved the directory "Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC/TOSEC [2016-01-03]" --> "Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC/TOSEC Updates/TOSEC [2016-01-03]".
Is it not the full release[2016-01-03], why is it needed?
Quote:
Renamed the directory under "~Uploads/Crashdisk" from "Almost complete Amiga TOSEC 2019-12-24" --> "TOSEC [2019-12-24]".
In the "Games - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2019-12-19)" directory; moved everything into sub-directories "#-A-Z".
Moved "~Uploads/Crashdisk/TOSEC [2019-12-24]" --> "Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC/TOSEC [2019-12-24]".

Nice.

Quote:
To be honest though; I should probably now just delete everything from under "Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC/TOSEC Updates" as it's not needed anymore...
Really considered to the end?
That would mean, everyone with an older release on local HDD has to download the whole package (again), instead of the small package(s), to be up to date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peo View Post
@Crashdisk, @DamienD: why put the date in the main folder name and now also in the subfolder names ? Why not instead use a simple text file in the TOSEC/ root (or TOSEC/Current which currently does not exist) be used for this purpose ?
For sure it is your personal opinion, what is that bad with current naming?
I organized it on my local HDD in a similar way as on the server.

Last edited by mai; 11 January 2020 at 14:28.

Page generated in 0.04679 seconds with 11 queries