View Single Post
Old 31 December 2019, 05:56   #12
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
How are you counting the number of pixels of a given colour? Just scanning the bitmap or something clever? (if were me I'd keep a separate counter per player and increment / decrement with each pixel drawn)
Scanning the Bitmap, yes. The thing I did is that when the ring plays at the end to say the match ended, the game is *already* scanning the pixels When the third ring plays it's at around 3/5 of the screen if I recall correctly. . So that sound effect kinda masks it on slower machines, and the remaining time feels it's just suspense being built (No, the computer is still scanning ). On faster machines it goes so fast it doesn't make any difference

I thought about counting while the pixels are being drawn, but I couldn't find a proper way to do it, I'd need to know what color is "below" the area each brush is painting, and how many pixels it's actually erasing of that color, and there was no fast enough way to do it.

Quote:
since sweepout is dead now, i don't trust amiga multiplayer games anymore.
once i begin playing and liking such game, it's offline and not playable anymore...
I don't know what's sweepout, but this game here is local multiplayer only.... it will only be dead if you don't have friends around to play

Page generated in 0.04537 seconds with 11 queries