Thread: UAE Features?
View Single Post
Old 04 November 2019, 20:26   #8
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Thanks for your time and consideration. I guess its up to the Term/software to provide dial-up noises, and certainly if dialing into a real BBS it might still work? Or maybe you'd still need to simulate a modems speaker to hear anything?

I tried No Quickstart and it worked.

No idea what was going on with the RAD, it was WB3.1 with lots of ram and setpatch as far as I know. I was trying to get Celtic Heart to boot as a RAD, as someone was complaining they cant read ADFs on their real Amiga (and dont have a working disk drive), but they can copy files and install stuff. As its a non-dos disk, Im not sure if RAD would boot it anyway. So that was perhaps the issue.

No worries about a soundscape, as a real Amiga has fans, hums, hard drives, and all kinds of noises, which would be difficult to emulate without sampling a whole bunch of stuff. When it gets down to the sound of controllers being swapped or the CD-32 lid being closed, it gets a bit silly.

Point 8, it would be great if there was more love for Hyperion and their roms. Funny, I never go to the About page because that is often just about the author, or about their software or studio, or its full of updates and hotfix info. But yours is neither of those. Its a list of credits. I guess there is no other place to put them, and its good you shared those links.

Page generated in 0.04833 seconds with 11 queries