Thread: UAE Features?
View Single Post
Old 04 November 2019, 15:38   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
1. I made a RAD disk the other day but when I reset the emulator with a software reset command, the RAD disappeared. Is this meant to happen or is there a way to preserve it? Do TSRs work?
This is purely software side feature. Yes, it does work (or OS3.9BB2+ wouldn't work at all). My crystal ball says you used KS 1.3 with >512k chip RAM without setpatch.

Quote:
2. When I boot the emulator without ROMs, it says "unable to find commodore 1.2/1.3 roms." Lotus 2 and other games work fine using the AROS ROM, so is there a way to switch that annoying warning message off?
Switch off Quickstart mode. (Untick checkbox)

Quote:
3. The FDD floppy drive sound is rather generic and I wondered if its possible to add a slide for pitch or tone? Many second drives dont sound the same as internal drives, and it would be a way to tell the difference during loading of multidisk games. Also disks which play a tune using the disk drive read head noise can be pitched to the right notes.
I am not interested. Someone else's problem to record better ones.

Quote:
4. Simulated Dot Matrix printer. Yes I know this would only be the sake of the sounds of the printing process, but maybe it could be fun. Of course all we would see on screen would be 'printing' and hear the sounds.
No. It also depends on printer model. Also no one wants to wait forever for matrix printer to finish printing bitmaps..

Quote:
5. Simulated Modem hook-up. We all remember how it used to sound during the dial-in process, which is now almost a distant memory, but I used to hear this every day.
This is at least not modem specific (directly) but you would need to emulate different speeds and protocol encodings to get correct sound. Again someone else's problem to find required algorithm(s).

Quote:
6. Disk slide and clunk. Yes we have the sound of the disk drive as it clicks, but we dont have the sound of someone sliding a floppy into the disk drive during insert and eject. This would slow down the loading of games and disk swapping, as we hear the sound, but I do miss the sounds of disks being inserted into drives.
Not really..

Quote:
7. Software NTSC toggle? There are a few packed in commands which work in Amiga DOS, but there is no soft reset command, or NTSC toggle. When I run a normal NTSC toggle program in the emulator, it stays in the mode the emu was running in. So if its Pal, I cant toggle to NTSC unless I open the options and select NTSC and reboot.
Use Agnus model that supports software PAL/NTSC toggle. OCS does not.

Last question: not going to bother. I already see pointless replies.

Page generated in 0.04866 seconds with 11 queries