View Single Post
Old 07 July 2019, 15:29   #253
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandruzzo View Post
I call it Bullshit, not because it is, just for "fun",I hope you're not taking my word to the letter. It left me down a lot first time I've seen it, I allmost cryed. I could not belived it: after A500, commodore made that "thing"?
Like I said, you don't need to love it. But I personally think you're being really harsh here. It certainly wasn't what I felt when I got my A1200, I was extremely happy. It was so nice and fast and had all that memory, plus it had the marvels of AGA graphics which were a pretty big step up. It also had a hard disk built-in, that was awesome!

Got even better when I found out that putting more memory and a faster processor in the A1200 was much cheaper than doing so for the A500.
Quote:
Btw, I my opinion 16bits fetches don't mean fully 16bit machine. Don't get my wrong, like 68000 which is 16/32 bit processor.
Like I said, by your definition there has not been any 16 bit home computer or console. Well, until the Playstation era that is. The MegaDrive and SNES don't do 16 bit graphics or audio either. Nor does the NEO GEO.

Your definition is, IMHO, far too strict. Only systems everyone calls 32 bit actually qualify under your rules. And personally, I don't buy that a Playstation is a 16 bit machine.

Last edited by roondar; 07 July 2019 at 15:31. Reason: Edit: a more complete reason why I loved the A1200

Page generated in 0.04409 seconds with 11 queries