View Single Post
Old 12 May 2019, 04:12   #18
AC/DC HACKER!

Reading through this...I wasn't aware there was a problem installing OS 4 to a Windows 7 (or other) filesystem. So, I decided to check. I usually use .HF... Everything goes fine until the Fonts part near the end. The first time I did it I used a directory on my SSD.. That became stuck on the Fonts part, and I let it sit for a while. Wouldn't finish.

I did it again, but this time changing the location onto a normal SATA drive (not SSD). But changed the directory name to Workbench4, and took longer than a HF, but it did succeed...with an output window about Fonts being in use....then the Next button was available.

So, leaving that dir so I may boot from it soon to check that, I decided to create the directory again on the SSD. This time, using Workbench4 as the directory name. It stopped 29% through. Not crashed, mouse is still active..so is F12. But progress is not moving. Hmm... Perhaps a bug writing to SSDs?!?! It's not a big deal to me since I much prefer HF. Toni, if you want logs...I'll provide.

Edit 1: Seems there's a length in directory name problem? When I went back to the SSD I noticed the problem was gone. So I decided to revert the directory name back to OS4. Install stuck at fonts..without any Output window. Reset. Renamed to OS44. Same thing. Reset. Renamed to OS444 and and the Fonts part it gave the output window and and Font in use info....line by line.

Edit 2: Directory name for Windows 7..doesn't matter. I figured that but.. So, checking... Volume Settings: change Device Name: from being blank. Volume from blank to something. RDB type changes don't seem to matter. Nothing is literally random, so.. Hmm..I'm missing something. Well, I'm not going to conclude anything. I'm really tired.. Maybe I'll check more later.

Using WinUAE 4.2.1 PB 3.

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 12 May 2019 at 07:11.

Page generated in 0.05454 seconds with 11 queries