View Single Post
Old 25 February 2019, 16:55   #21
ross
Defendit numerus

I have already expressed my opinion in Rygar's thread (ie it was clear that the various projects would not have been finished in such a short time, I would have allowed twice the time).

But at this point there is a danger: the risk that once the competition is over the projects are left at the tech-demo or beta stage or what they are.

So we need an incentive for them to continue.
I throw it there: why not allocate a percentage of the sum and deliver it only to the completed projects?

Let me explain: x% delivered immediately as a result of the judges, 100-x% only after a (defined, relatively short) time period and at finished product.

If someone does not finish the project, the sum is divided between those who conclude it. In the percentage of merit already decided.
I hope I was clear...

Just a (silly?) idea
Yeah, sure silly 'cause author have any right to define finished a game with how many parts they want.

EDIT: regarding the other two questions:
1) deadline is a deadline, so competitors should be respected (my previous proposal does not modify merit, it only serves to stimulate the finished products, which makes sense otherwise the next time you can think of presenting incomplete things and that's okay);
2) if there is no rule regarding PHX's request only the judges can decide.

EDIT2: x=66? 75?

Last edited by ross; 25 February 2019 at 20:13. Reason: better explained, maybe

Page generated in 0.04461 seconds with 11 queries