View Single Post
Old 22 October 2018, 23:10   #32
project23
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
I still say the solution lies in post #23

If we stickied every thread that was deemed worthy, we'd simply be defeating the object of their main purpose.
I agree really, if you're definitely against something like pruning after 2 years for anything OT - which I take it you all are.

The only change I'd recommend that I believe falls in line with your approach is to make the OT General pruning term 6 months rather than 2.

I don't know how often it happens, but if person A asks person B for advice, I can certainly see them wanting go looking for that advice more than 2 months later.

Is OT moderated? If it is then once it's been moderated i don't see the issue with keeping posts for long periods of time, unless there's a genuine space issue.

One thing I do disagree with (and i know you don't do it here at EAB) is unmoderated 'flame pit' like forums. I used to admin a forum myself and after I left they allowed this and my god the crap that got posted. That kind of forum i'd prune every week, let alone month. But if its moderated, I don't see the problem really.

Again just my opinion.

Cheers as always!

John

Page generated in 0.04550 seconds with 11 queries