View Single Post
Old 12 October 2018, 15:42   #14
Snowwie

Send a message via ICQ to Snowwie
I use KS 3.1 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Surely you just install WB3.1.4 and the install process will add what is called "setpatch" to your startup sequence and part of that is "romupdates" whereby the required new ROM modules are patched into RAM? (Your boot process will include a reboot to make them live, resulting in an overall longer boot process)
Chicken / Egg principle. The new OS has the feature for larger drive support. I cannot install WB 3.1.4 on KS 3.1 knowing all the troubles it can create (even stated by the vendors themselves) and still be limited to the 4GB barrier.

Quote:
You cannot use skick (a program to patch Kickstart into RAM) with KS3.1.4 (yet) because AFAIK there is no rtb file and you cannot use ones for other versions of KS.
Then why suggesting it?
Quote:
Send the ROM file(s) away to be programmed into 2*27C400 EPROMs and replace your old KS ROMs. There are several EPROM vendors who will pre-program parts if you send them the data files
I hope we can eventually buy these rom chips from Hyperion. It kind of surprises me they did not combine this?

Page generated in 0.08392 seconds with 11 queries