View Single Post
Old 07 October 2018, 01:39   #1
misterdid

Amiga 2000 (6.2) - Repair - Stuck

Hi,
I'm trying to repair a nice (non-working) Amiga 2000HD I bought on ebay a few days ago...

The battery leaked a little bit, so I removed it.Then I used some vinegar to stop the corrosion, then rinced the board.

First, while reseating all the chips, I discovered that the corrosion totally destroyed some of the 68000 socket pins . I ordered a new socket and changed it.

I tried to fire it up...and I got this very strange screen. Black with some strippes (on the RGB output - I've a VGA LCD compatible with 15Khz, it works fine with my A500 [I bought it in 1988 !] -). The composite output is only black but with a 60Hhz signal.

I did some continuity tests and I discovered that D2 and D4 on the ROM were not connected. Two traces were dissolved between the ROM and the CPU. I replaced them with 2 wires. But the problem is still there...

All the Dn and An lines are now connected (to the ROM).

I think it's very early in the processor startup sequence because if I plug the Vector2030 card I had with it, I've exactly the same screen...I tried to put another 68000P8 and I've the same symptoms.

The processor run, I've power and a clock (I used a logic probe, and the clock is pulsing). The ROM is powered as well. RESET is low and then high when powering up the computer. It's slightly warming.

Any idea ? Hint ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black_strippes.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	782.4 KB
ID:	60153  

Page generated in 0.05968 seconds with 12 queries