View Single Post
Old 05 August 2018, 23:11   #1
roondar

Question Command line image conversion tools

This is a question I didn't anticipate asking, but after a bunch of googling and searches over here on eab.abime.net.... I'm kinda stuck.

I'm looking for a MS Windows command line image converter that allows .iff (ILBM) to 8-bit BMP* conversions. Somehow this seems very hard to find.

I did find several command line tools, but none of them seem to support ILBM as input format. I tried using Irfanview, which does do the conversion from the command line but screws up the palette entries and hence bitplane order. I also found at least one GUI based package that seems to allows for it, but I'm looking to include the conversion into a makefile so GUI only isn't very helpful.

The two features it really should have is a) support for all OCS screen modes (standard, HAM, EHB) and b) it should keep all colours of the Amiga IFF palette intact and in the same order.

Hopefully someone here knows of a good candidate?

*) well, I'd prefer one that does a conversion to a raw interleaved bitmap, but that seems right out. However, I do have BMP2RAW from the Solid Gold Source, so conversion to 8-bit BMP will also do as that tool deals with the second step extremely well.

Page generated in 0.05329 seconds with 11 queries