View Single Post
Old 18 May 2018, 18:26   #6
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
...Which would result in tonnes of Kickstart 1.2-era quality games that require a minimum of an '030 with 4MB RAM to run...
You could have minimum requirements for the contest. I remember one of those MSX Dev contests people could only make games that would fit a certain size of ROM. For an Amiga contest you could have "Just ECS games on a 68k and 1mb Ram" or "Nothing more than a 020 and 2mb ram", etc.

Also, the quality of the games on those contests keep coming up. As there's some incentive, people keep coming back to it and learning more about the machine and doing better year after year.

NOW, like I said, people should have proper expectations. There were some gems on those contests, but most of the games are very simple, yet many of them are very fun. And you DON'T SEE people dissing simplier/amateurish games, what you see is people encouraging devs to do better.

I really wouldn't mind new Amiga games that felt like 8 bits games if they were fun to play. Developing a full blown-title with high quality takes some investment. And on Amiga circles, I keep hearing something which seems to be true: People want to pay for hardware, but not for software. And even when software is free, there are a lot of people bashing and asking for better/more. And then complaining "Oh why isn't the Amiga homebrew scene more active?"

Page generated in 0.06434 seconds with 11 queries