View Single Post
Old 22 March 2018, 12:41   #64
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest.r View Post
Irregularities are connected with real (non integer) scaling factors and even a "true sharp bilinear" can't handle all quality wise. Something would pass as good quality on a retina display (high scaling factor) and would look bad on a 27'' 1080p monitor, especially if we are talking HiRes OS situations.
Good point.

Quote:
I'll add an example of FS-UAE WHDLoad loading pattern which looks somewhat irregular too, but games look decent enough. It's same with WinUAE.
Thanks for posting that FS-UAE picture. I think the FS-UAE output is correct. I'm still not fully convinved though that it's the same for the WinUAE output.

I've attached a picture of the WinUAE output with two areas highlighted. From this it can be clearly seen that the pattern on the left in the blue canvas is quite different from the pattern on the right. The source picture should have no differences in the squares, so I don't understand how point sampling delivers such a different result left and right? (With FS-UAE there's no such difference.)

It's this that makes me not totally convinced there isn't a scaling issue somewhere. From reading the forums, it may relate to the same issue that rsn8887 encountered. See his thread here: NULL Filter discrepancies

That said, I'm very much pleased with how the filter looks on low resolution game screens, so thanks again for creating it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	different_patterns_left_and_right.png
Views:	537
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	57440  

Page generated in 0.04552 seconds with 11 queries