View Single Post
Old 19 November 2017, 09:34   #43
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest.r View Post
I re-checked the crt-geom code from Retroarch, it's calculated phosphor mask, not an aperture lookup texture:

Code:
// dot-mask emulation:
// Output pixels are alternately tinted green and magenta.
float3 dotMaskWeights = lerp(
float3(1.0, 1.0 - DOTMASK, 1.0),
float3(1.0 - DOTMASK, 1.0, 1.0 - DOTMASK),
floor(fmod(VAR.mod_factor, 2.0))); 
mul_res *= dotMaskWeights;
The difference between crt-geom RA and WinUAE mask is that there the mask is applied in gamma space and looks a bit differently, darkens less overall.

Another problem is that only a png mask will work properly in WinUAE. There are two reasons, first is output resolution isn't defined in shaders in if it were, it would not match the output resolution but internal resolution before final resize. But it's OK since we got png masks.

Second problem is clumsy masks look odd on 1080p or smaller displays, you can try this out too, even aperture looks less appealing (looks better in here unavailable gamma space though). A 4k resolution would imo allow more complex masks to look nice, but that is far future for me.
I see, thanks for looking into it.

I can imagine this has already been discussed somewhere, but I haven't really been following all the shader discussions until just now (your CRT-Geom is the first I really like / find usable for WinUAE). With regards to future shader support for WinUAE, if we would want to get support for things like calculated phospor mask and curvature, what support would additionally need to be added? Are there specific shader extensions that need to be ported to WinUAE? (I'm also looking toward the current D3D11 beta developments for WinUAE..)

Page generated in 0.04617 seconds with 11 queries