View Single Post
Old 05 November 2017, 14:35   #55
basman74

Thanks to everyone who backed my Ohm project! Now the real 'fun' begins..

Due to some unforeseen serious events popping up on my daily job, I currently only have enough free time available to focus on getting the actual boards made and tested (and very little else right now from a hobby aspect). Will push on regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
One question: I see in an older revision there was a "retro connector" daughterboard for the GPIO, where can we get that from? I would love to have DB9 joystick ports.
Unfortunately, that 'retro+wifi' hat designed for my larger FPGA prototype is not compatible with my current Ohm board. Given the luxury of time, I would normally have attempted to whip up a nice new PCB hat specific to zero-sized Ohm board. Cannot promise anything else right now so we'll have to see..

Quote:
One more hardware related question: can we output RGB @ 240P from this baby?
RGB? You mean, via analog or HDMI?

Analog RGB: Might be possible from the GPIO (assuming either sufficient pins for discrete RGB DACs, or some kind of modulated RGB out to minimize pincount..).

Using HDMI: I'm reading some conflicting info regarding 240p and HDMI. I do recall problems running Minimig using NTSC mode with Amber disabled (supposedly yielding a slightly-tweaked 240p mode..).

Quote:
Also, is there anywhere we can check progress on the C64 core for the FleaFPGA?
You won't find that anywhere sorry. While a functional port of an old-build FPGA-64 core exists (and I did it mainly as a learning exercise) it is not even close to the level of refinement of either Minimig or Next186 from an end-user standpoint. I stopped all work on that port 12 months ago when I got Minimig working..

Further, redistributing either sources or compiled binaries appear problematic IMHO: Apart from the fact that I have not yet asked Peter Wendich if I can actually do so, there is also the added problem of commodore ROM images needing to be hardcoded in the FPGA-64 core. I have no workaround for that.

Regards,
Valentin

Page generated in 0.04264 seconds with 10 queries