View Single Post
Old 02 October 2017, 17:35   #19
hyperlogos

Plenty of progress. Got this working correctly some time ago. Thanks for all the advice.
Here's what the top of the startup-sequence looks like:

Code:
c:version >NIL: exec.library 45 20
if warn
    c:acamaprom devs:kickstarts/a1200-3.9.rom quiet
endif
There are also some other changes which have to be made further down in the startup-sequence. They have to do with setpatch and romupdates. With a patched rom, you don't need them. Here's one of the things you have to tweak to avoid a problematic and unnecessary reboot:

Code:
version >nil: exec.library 45 20
If warn
IF $SCSIUpdate EQ 1
        C:SetPatch QUIET
    ELSE
       C:SetPatch SKIPROMUPDATES "scsi.device" QUIET
    ENDIF
Else
c:SetPatch NOROMUPDATE QUIET
EndIF
If you look through your normal 3.9 startup-sequence you'll see some stuff that looks like the above, but without the version, and some of the if..endif. I chose to detect exec.library rather than scsi.device versions here just in case I change my scsi.device.

This works like a charm, with one reboot on first boot. The reboot takes longer than the first boot, because it uses a scsi.device with a boot delay, unlike the 3.0 ROM. (I got 3.1 ROMs from AmigaKit, and I may end up installing them after I finally install a CDROM, depending on if I need a boot delay at that point. But they would just make my boot slower right now.) I am using a scsi.device patched for some reason I can't recall right now, maybe I will write up my rom making experiences later. The short short form is that I went back to using just Remus 1.0 RCs and not 1.51, and I was able to get a ROM working by following the guide without deviating. Then I started customizing from that point.

Page generated in 0.04296 seconds with 11 queries