View Single Post
Old 13 September 2017, 15:48   #8
onkelarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
With collections it is always a weighing up if you want to add disk images when there is the collection available on CD. Best example is the Fred Fish Collections. So i'm not sure on this too.
The cd-rom is pretty 'weird' in its setup. Each disk is stored as a directory structure in a single folder with the releasenumber as foldername. Separately, a textfile explains which directorynumber should have which disklabel when a floppy is formatted, so all assigns will work when booted. The cd-rom is virtually useless on its own to run anything, because of these ASSIGN dependancies.

Given the livelihood of the AMOS community, I'm assuming that an ADF collection would be more welcome.

I can of course place 2 or 3 created ADF's in the zone as a review, to see if you, the experts, would deem it viable as a potential TOSEC collection candidate.

BTW: The collection spans 601 disks, but some are labelled as 'withdrawn' and thus not present on the cd-rom.

Oh, the archive.org link as promised: https://archive.org/details/cdrom-amospdcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
Another example is the 17Bit collection

It's not in TOSEC even if it would be very easy to add those disks

So, i guess it's a choice of the TOSEC staff
Ah, always good to learn, the TOSEC board needs to agree too of course I'll keep that in mind!

Page generated in 0.05573 seconds with 11 queries