View Single Post
Old 06 September 2017, 16:15   #39
MartinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneNine View Post
What distro is everyone starting with?
Well, so far in this thread we are starting with the build that someone posted last year to a Polish forum called Amilator. Due to it's age that has MBR / BIOS based Debian 8 and so that is what we are using.

I agree that it would be nice to have something that is a bit more up to date and in particular supports EFI boot, but I think half the appeal of Amilator is that it runs on a USB stick after just adding your config files etc., and can be moved from one computer to another. I get the impression it isn't really intended to be installed to HDD.

As someone said fairly early on in the discussion about this, if you want to do that then you may as well just pick your distro of choice, install the bare minimum needed for FS-UAE and then modify the xinit.rc startup to boot straight into FS-UAE with your chosen config.

I'm just playing out of curiosity really. It's not of much use to me. If I want OS3.9 I have a cracking real system next to me with 060 etc. and as nice as it is for playing with OS4.1, no compositing GPU limits what you can do somewhat so apart from a bit of tinkering, I guess waiting for the A1222 is the best way to go there.

Page generated in 0.04351 seconds with 11 queries